- Library of Congress– an amazing digital collection of pictures, maps, 3D objects, primary sources, on and on
- Beth’s Blog– American owner of Boekhandel van Rossum, a bookstore in Amsterdam, reviews a wide range of books
- Book Riot– Buzzfeed for readers
- Library Marketing Blog– library-centric marketing tips, ideas, and trends
- LAC Blog– articles about everything from data preservation to information staffing
- Little Free Library Blog– ideas and articles for embracing the LFL movement
- Literary Hub– great place for recommendations, includes the most talked about books, a daily fiction pick, and bookish articles
- Springshare Blog– tech features, tips, and discussions from the preeminent platform for library innovation (including LibGuides)
- NYR Daily– an “intellectual journal” featuring writers covering a wide range of topics
- PW– publishing news, book recommendations, literary awards- all books, all the time
- The Millions– Book reviews, essays, and columns, oh my!
- SearchReSearch– everyone can use research tips, Dan Russell works at Google by day and explores the way people search/research by night
Podcasts (literary and non-literary)
- Revisionist History– Malcolm Gladwell doing what he does best: digging out sociological truths based on little known history, statistics, and facts.
- Modern Love– the NY Times column featuring stories of “love, loss and redemption,” submitted by readers. Theatrical readings of these columns by celebrities and updates from the authors.
- Annotated– a new podcasts from Book Riot, only a few episodes have been released but readers will love the stories about glamorous librarians, the resurgence of a book published in 1949 (for more), and how independent bookstores are still around.
- Book Review- another NY Times podcast.
- Other podcasts I enjoy, S-Town, Crimetown, Embedded, Code Switch, Popcast, Guardian Books.